Hello my crafty friends - hope this post finds you well. I'd like to welcome my newest followers, Lori and Christine ... hope you enjoy the crafty delights that I'll be showing!!!!! ;o)
I can't believe we're over half way through the half term break, however I do feel that I've had a good rest, and I'm ready for the onslaught of poorly students in the next couple of weeks! If you've been on hols this week, hope you've had a good rest too and have been able to enjoy a little bit of sunshine.
Last weekend, a post from one of my Incy Wincy teamies popped up in my blog feed and really piqued my interest. It was for a brand new designer of digi stamps who has set up a store and was looking for DT members. Well, a couple of emails to and fro later, and I'm the newest DT member for Sophia's Sweet Scribbles showcasing the beautiful digis of Larissa.
You can purchase Larissa's delightful digis via the Sophia's Sweet Scribbles Blog and join in the fun at our Sweet Scribblers Facebook Group, where you will find inspiration, new releases, sneak peeks and when there are enough fans, there'll be a monthly challenge too!
Today, I'm showcasing one of Larissa's newer images, Hummingbird:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is a pre-made A6 white card blank
- Paper - is from the Kimono Papercrafting CD Rom which I've matted and layered onto Neenah Desert Storm card.
- Image - is Hummingbird by Larissa at Sophia's Sweet Scribbles which I have die cut using the second largest Die'sire Essentials Ovals die and this was matted and layered onto the largest Die'sire Essentials Scalloped Ovals die cut from some more Neenah Desert Storm. I brought my Hummingbird and flower to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and Spectrum Noir Pencils in the shades listed (for those unfamiliar with the numbering systems, the pens all start with a letter suffixed by a number code e.g. IG1, and the pencils are coded using just numbers e.g. 067)
- Hummingbird - IG1, IG2, IG3, IG4, 067, 071, 073, 061. 013, 022, True Black
- Flower - PP4, PP5, PP6, True Black
- Stalk & leaves - DG2, DG3, DG4
- Outline - GT1, Blender Pen
- Sentiment - is from a set included in the Spring 2015 Crafter's Inspiration Magazine which I stamped directly onto a banner cut from Neenah Desert Storm.
- Flower - is die cut using the smallest flower in the Die'sire Essentials Flowers for all Occasions set and then I ink distressed the edges using my Papermania Capsule Collection Red Hot Ink pad before fixing it to my card and adding a pearl to the centre of it.
I have been inspired by and would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Sketch Challenge #302 at Tuesday Morning Sketches
- Challenge #28 - Tic Tac Toe at Creative Knockouts I'm claiming the bottom left to top right diagonal of Flowers (on image, paper and die cut), Sentiment, Die Cut/Punches
I would also like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Flowers Everywhere at Melonheadz Friends
- Things with Wings at Whoopsi Daisy
- Challenge #290 - All Creatures Great and Small at Crafty Creations
- Challenge #205 - Flower Power at The Paper Shelter
I hope that you'll come over to both the Blog and Facebook Group - say "Hi" to my other teamies and to Larissa (the "scribbler" behind the gorgeous digis), and get your scribbling fix!
Until next time,
Hugs, Helen x