Tuesday 14 May 2013

Fiesta, not Siesta!



Photobucket
Good morning all from a very excited Casa de Crafty Mamma Mia. Why, I hear you ask? Well today is the start of my 4 week residency as Guest Designer at Top Tip Tuesday ... thanks for having me girls!!!!



Today is my  first challenge with the team, and the title of this one is Box Clever - this means make any kind of box. Our sponsor for this challenge is the lovely Melissa at MelJen's Designs who will be giving a great prize to the lucky winner of this challenge. Don't forget that you too could feature as a Top Tip Tuesday Guest just by leaving a great tip! 



Melissa has been kind enough to provide the DT with some images to showcase, and here is my box featuring one of Melissa's 'furry friends':






My project recipe is as follows:

  • Box Base - made from Centura Pearl Card in Dark Chocolate which I cut to 10.5cm x 29.6cm (half an A4 sheet longways) and then scored using my Ultimate Pro to make the Wedge Box shape
  • Design Paper -is by Paulette at Create with TLC and is called Fiesta Time. This was a goodie on Paulette's blog just last week as Paulette was celebrating Cinco Mayo ... the timing couldn't have been more perfect!
  • Image - this hot dog is Chili Chihuahua and he is one the cute animal images you can get from  MelJen's Designs. I used the "out of the box" technique with the smallest rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats - rather like a die, as I don't have a die-cutting machine. However, I find this technique works just as well, even if it's slightly more time consuming! I de-bossed the rosette shape around the image before cutting it out and bringing this canine cutie to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Sombrero - CT2, CT3, CT4, TB5, JG2, CR9, CR10, CR11
    • Chihuahua - TN3, TN4, TN5, PP2, PP3
    • Poncho - JG1, JG2, TB5
    • Chillis - CR9, CR10, CR11
    • Outline - GG1
    • Background - Craf-T Chalk in Light Blue and Bronze Gel Pen
  • Ribbon - was recycled having been cut from one of my daughter's jumpers! (Does anyone hook these lengths of ribbon over coat hangers when hanging a garment?)  


I think this box would be great for small Birthday presents (like make-up or hair bits that teenage girls tend to  give each other) or in a different size as Wedding favour boxes ... and it was oh so easy to make too!


I hope you'll come over to Top Tip Tuesday and see the wonderful Boxes made by the rest of the DT - we'll be back with our mid-challenge inspiration next Tuesday.


I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:

Hope you have a great day,
Hugs, Helen x


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Helen, what a lovely box love the shape and decoration.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the GDT Helen - fabulous box too - cute image xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you on the team with us and I adore your Chihuahua image on the terrific box. You're right...it would be perfect with some 'teen' makeup in there! Beautiful work.:)

    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely shaped box honey. I'm so pleased that you're joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. It's great to have you on the team with us for this month.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty shaped box you have made. It fits the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week well of “anything but a card”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x