Monday 6 May 2013

Anytime, Any Place, Any Where!

Do you remember those adverts on TV? I do .... although I was only young at the time, honestly ;o) !!! Then I went on to become a Martini girl as I worked at their Head Office for over 10 years! Anyway, I digress. I hope that if you're in the UK you're enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend and that the weather is being kind to you. 


It's time for a new challenge from  Incy Wincy Designs and this week we've got a Colour Challenge for you. We want to see your creations featuring the colours Yellow and Grey.



We have two fabulous sponsors for this week's challenge. 

The first sponsor is Kenny and the team at Kenny K Downloads who are offering one lucky prize winner 4 digis from their store. 

Our second sponsor is the team at Doctor Digi who are offering our second lucky prize winner 2 digis from the store. Great prizes guys and thanks for sponsoring us this week!


Here is my card featuring one of the digis available from Kenny K Downloads:




My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White, which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
  • Design Papers - are both by Summer at Summertime Designs and they come from 2 different kits. The bottom layer is called Golden Swirls and it comes from a kit called Golden Sunshine. The top layer is called Light Gray Dot and it comes from the Dryer Lint at Tiffany's kit. I embossed a wavy line using one of the inbuilt embossing features on my Ultimate Pro which I then cut up to, giving (I hope) an  effect similar to a die cut.
  • Image - this "Martini Girl" is called Happy Hour and she is by Kenny at Kenny K Downloads. I
    brought this glamourous girl to to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before gently tool distressing the edge.
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, LV1, CR11
    • Hair - GB8, GB10
    • Dress - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, GB4, GB6
    • Shoes - True Black
    • Jewellery - Silver Gel Pen
    • Martini Glass - EB1, DG2, GT1
    • Outline - BT1
  • Sentiment - is, of course, by Paulette at Create with TLC ... how perfect is this for the image? I got this one from Paulette in April last year as a freebie from her blog.
  • Ribbon - is from my stash and coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pen in GB4 so it tones in.

I do hope you'll head over to Incy Wincy Designs this week and see the other wonderful layouts from my very talented team-mates and Winnie who is our Guest Designer for May. Then come back and show us your creations featuring the colour combo of Yellow and Grey. This challenge closes on Sunday 12th May.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



If you're in the UK, have a great May Day Bank Holiday, and I hope everyone has a great week.

Hugs, Helen x

12 comments:

  1. Helen I love your card.These colours work so well together don't they?
    Great design and colouring.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of girl Helen! Fabulous card and wonderful sentiment to go with it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and I have those papers too, they're so pretty and remind me of summer.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant card helen - never knew you were a martini girl - you dark horse you! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen love the image and colour combo.
    Yes I remember them, I was young too.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card. I love the sentiment.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sassy and fun card and image! Love the colours and papers!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Stamp Spot for the feminine challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I love that image :)

    Thanks for playing along with The Stamp SPot this month!

    Sandra
    TSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am singing the dratted advert now! It's the bright one, it's the right one, that's martini. ... Your card certainly is bright and beautiful.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one just screams FUN! Great card!!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Wags'n Whiskers challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - perfect for our girly girl challenge over at Jellypark x
    Thanks for playing along with us & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that little chicky! Thanks for joining in with our feminine challenge at The Stamp Spot this month!
    Jess - TSS DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x