Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Little Gift



Hi again ... sorry, but today is going to be a bit of a "Post-fest" as I've got some catching up to do. Life really overtook me at the weekend!

Photobucket

Anyway, enough about me. This is Post 2 of my stint as a Guest Designer at Top Tip Tuesday and it's time for the Mid-Challenge inspiration post.





A quick recap - our challenge is Box Clever, so we're looking for your box-makes or even altering an existing box. Our sponsor for this challenge is the lovely Melissa at MelJen's Designs who is giving a prize of 4 digi images of your choice to the lucky winner of this challenge. Don't forget that you too could feature as a Top Tip Tuesday Guest just by leaving a great tip!


I've made this cute little gift box (with an attached card - OK, I know Samantha said no cards, but I'm hoping that this one's acceptable!) which is just the right size for holding 3 tealights or some small chocolates. This one will be going to a friend who lent me some boots and clothing ideas for my trip last Friday to see the Rocky Horror Show!!!



My project recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White, which I cut, scored and folded following this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. Now, here's my Top Tip for you : If you're using a template or instructions you've not used before,make your project out of thin card first....it saves making a mistake and wasting a sheet of expensive cardstock! Luckily I followed my own advice so this is not the voice of experience :o)
  • Decorative Edge - was done using one of the inbuilt "Decorative Embossing Lines" on my Ultimate Pro
  • Embossed Heart Border - was also made using my Ultimate Pro, this time with the additional embossing board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. This board really is my favourite and I get soooooooooo much use out of it!
  • Design Papers - are from the Summertime Luxury Paper Collection which was a magazine freebie
  • Sentiment - is another magazine freebie, this time from a Special Occasion Stamp Set. I've stamped this "Thank you" directly onto the cardstock using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. It's the first time I've stamped directly onto Centura Pearl, and I'm not sure I've got it quite right as the ink has gone rather blurry. Any tips would be gratefully received!

Anyway, that's my very simple box ... do head on over to Top Tip Tuesday to see what Anda (also a GDT) and the Design Team have come up with for Box Clever and don't forget to come back and show us your makes! This challenge will finish on Monday 27th May.


I'd like to enter this project into the following challenge:


Catch you later!
Hugs, Helen x

6 comments:

  1. A great idea Helen and fab fold! Your friend will be chuffed to pieces! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea Helen, a lovely gift and card at the same time.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Helen, It's so different. Love it. So glad you're joining us this month.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool design. I love those embossed hearts. A very unique design overall. Thanks so much for joining us in our current challenge over at Digi Darla's. I hope that you had fun and will continue to enter into our future challenges.

    Lisa D., Digi Darla's Challenges, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen this is just great yes no cards but this is a clever box that has a card attached so its just perfect! thanks for Guesting this time and love your idea! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x