Monday 23 April 2012

1, 2, 3, it's a Pirate's life for me ... :o)

Hi,

It's another Monday in April so it's time to show you another card I've made for my Guest Spot at Incy Wincy Designs. We've got a Sketch Challenge for you this week, and it's a great one:


The DT were provided with a choice of images by Sassy Studios from which I chose Pirate Penny (how gorgeous is she?) and here is my card:


I am so pleased with how she's turned out, because I could see in my mind's eye how I wanted this card to look, but struggled to get there. Then a flash of inspiration arrived, and this card was done!

My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Ivory cut and folded to a 15cm square card.
  • Backing Paper - by Paulette of  Create With TLC. It is called (not surprisingly) World Map Paper. I think this was part of a package that Paulette had put together as a prize for a scavenger hunt on her blog and store. I distressed the edges of the map to give it more of a vintage feel.
  • Sentiment - also by Paulette at Create With TLC and was one of the freebies that Paulette gives away daily on her blog. I think this saying is perfect for a female pirate who had obviously been distracted by her treasure! I layered this word art onto a tag which came from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called Golden Sunshine. I went over the word "Sparkly" with my ballpoint glue pen, covered it with iridescent embossing powder and heated it. Just check out that sparkle! The whole tag was larger than I needed once the word art was on it, so I cut inside the frame which retained those lovely curves and points but reduced the overall size.  
  • Image - Pirate Penny is just one of the fabulous images by Lindsay that you can find at her store, Sassy Studios - you'll have to go over there to see the other delightful designs that Lindsay has created. I brought this gorgeous girl to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens and then highlighted the gems in the sand with glue and embossing powder as for the sentiment. I distressed the edges and ran over the edge with chalk in light tan to give them a tint. Colours used:
    • Feather - GG1
    • Hat - True Black
    • Hair - GB8, GB10, EB5
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Eyes - DG4
    • Lips - CR10
    • Blouse  EB1, EB2
    • Breeches - BT7, BT9
    • Boots - True Black,
    • Pistol & Cutlass - EB7, IG4
    • Treasure Chest - TN2
    • Gems - CR10, TB5, CG4, EB1
    • Sand - GB1, Colourless Blender
    • Sky - Light Blue Chalk
  • Lace and Gems - from my stash
I hope you like this card as much as I do! Head on over to Incy Wincy and check out what the regular DT did with this sketch, and then show us your take on it!

I would like to enter this card for the following challenge:

Have a great and crafty week.

Hugs, Helen x

15 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. How fabulous. Wonderful image and the background paper is perfect. Great colour combo too.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen what a great image, love the colours and papers.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Helen, great to have you as our Guest Designer again! you have done an awesome Job with my Sketch LOVE your card.... hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card! I love the image and your design.
    Hugs, Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen what a fab card! Love the way you have distressed the "treasure map" and the sentiment with the image is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, fab card!Great image and super design, too! What a coincidence...... I made a pirate card yesterday, too??
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the lace.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, great image & design...

    Thanks for playing along at CCCC & good luck..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, love the distressed map & great image too..

    Thanks for playing along at CCCC & good luck..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out fabulously~! Love the image with that sentiment.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous. Love that paper with the image and what a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen, this is a great take on Samantha's sketch. I love that map - need to know where you got it. Great having you as part of the team.
    Hugs
    Sheryl (Incy DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheryl - the map came with a paper set called "Invoice Papers" by Create with TLC. See 2 posts above here. I can't find them in Paulette's store, but if you e-mail her she may be able to help you! The sentiment is also by her and was a freebie on her blog - she puts up a freebie daily, in return for some 'blog love' so it's well worth following her!
      Hope this helps. Helen x

      Delete
  13. Wonderful pirate card, gorgeous image fabulously coloured! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaargh, matey. I lift me mug to ye...'tis a lovely card ye have conjured up thar. Thanky, me hearty, for playin' along with us at CCCC.

    Torrey

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x