Tuesday 8 November 2011

Another Wedding Card - this one's got TLC!

Hi,

I'm on a roll this week with my second blog post in 3 days ... but this is only because my blogging can't keep up with my card making! ROFL :o) Do you remember my post about my first easel card which was accepting the invitation to my brother's Wedding Celebrations? This is the card I made for him and his new wife, who got married in Cyprus during October.


My base card is a Centura Pearl 300gsm card (slightly lighter than the Blackcurrant shade) which I bought at Hobbycraft. I used 2 sheets of card to make an 8 inch square card base, and a triangular side to the card. The sentiment is one I made using the word processing package on my computer. I used one of the embossing shapes on my Ultimate Pro in the right angled corner of the triangle to add detail, and finished the front of the card with 3 gems from my french stash.



The sentiment comes from set called "Simply Put", by Paulette of Create with TLC. You can find her store here. I imported this piece of word art into my word processing package and resized it so that it fitted in a triangular insert for the card. 

This lovely image is also one of Paulette's. It's one of her vintage pictures and is called "Happy Dance" and was a freebie in September. If you haven't discovered Paulette's blog yet, you simply must as she shares a great piece of Word Art for free (and in return for plenty of blog love) every day, and sometimes she shares other goodies with her followers too!
My image is coloured using my Spectrum Noirs in the following shades:
Bride:                                                                             Groom:
Skin - 132, 133, 135                                                       Skin - 133, 142
Hair - 104, 100                                                               Hair - 100, 92
Dress - 196, 137 109, colourless blender                       Suit - CG3, CG5, CG7
Shoes - 120                                                                     Shoes - 120
I added a floral sequin in pearlescent pink as a detail to the bride's hair, and finished the card off by adding a bow made with white satin edged, organza ribbon and 3 more gems.


Paulette has been kind enough to showcase my card on one of her "Creations" posts - click here to see the wonderful projects made by my fellow 'Creators' . I would also like to enter this card into the following challenge:
I hope you like this card.
Hugs, Helen

4 comments:

  1. Wow-Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    PS-I have blog candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen!
    Thanks for your nice comment on the crafters café!
    You have made some lovely cards, coming back!

    Anna/Scrapandheart

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another fab wedding card Helen. And I just love the colour of the Centura Pearl card. Hugs, Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments ladies ... they are very much appreciated! :o) Helen x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x